Ionic Strength Adjuster (ISA) for Lead/Sulfate ISEs$76.00
HI4012-00 is a set of 100mL bottles (5) of ionic strength adjuster (ISA) solution for use with lead/sulfate ion selective electrodes. Hanna ISA solutions have the lot number and expiration date clearly marked on the label and are air tight with a tamper-proof seal to ensure the quality of the solution. Hanna's line of solutions have been specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from the date of manufacture for an unopened bottle.
- Required for lead measurements
- Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
- Clearly marked lot number and expiration date
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
HI4012-00 is an ionic strength adjuster (ISA) solution for use with lead/sulfate ion selective electrodes (ISEs). Hanna ISA solutions are formulated to fix the ionic strength of a sample and standards so that they are both constant. Without addition of ISA, an ion selective electrode would measure ion activity; addition of ISA stabilizes the ionic strength and permits measurements as ion concentration. With some ISEs, the ISA solution is also used to adjust the solution’s pH or to remove any potential interferences from competing ions that are present.
Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
- Ensures quality and freshness of solution
Each bottle marked with lot number and expiration date
- Hanna ISE standard solutions are specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from manufacture for an unopened bottle
Importance of ISA*
- Fixes a solution’s ion activity to be constant so concentration can be determined
- Adjusts the pH of a solution required for some ISEs
- Complexes interfering ions in a sample to allow measurement of free ions of interest