Total Hardness (40-500 mg/L) MR Chemical Test Kit$9.00
The HI3841 is a chemical test kit that measures total hardness as CaCO3 by titration with EDTA. The HI3841 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 50 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Manual titration performed with color indicator
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI3841 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the total hardness concentration within the 40 to 500 mg/L (ppm) range. The HI3841 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 50 tests.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker and reagent dropper bottle.
- Readings from 40 to 500 mg/L are determined to 20 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3841-050 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Water hardness has traditionally been defined as the capacity of water to precipitate soap. The ionic species in the water causing the precipitation was later found to be primarily calcium and magnesium. Thus, water hardness is actually a quantitative measure of these ions in the water. It is also now known that certain other ion species, such as iron, zinc, and manganese contribute to the overall water hardness. The measure and subsequent control of water hardness is essential to prevent scaling and clogging in water pipes.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI3841 Type titration Smallest Increment 20 mg/L (ppm) Method EDTA Number of Tests 50 avg. Ordering Information HI3841 test kit comes with 30 mL hardness MR reagent and 50 mL calibrated vessel. Reagent HI3841-050 Total Hardness Range 40-500 mg/L (ppm)
- Product Manuals