pH Test Kit$94.00
The HI38058 is a chemical test kit that uses a colorimetric method to measure pH. The HI38058 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform 300 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Checker® disc for more accurate determination
*Products classified as Dangerous Goods can only be shipped via ground.
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next business day.
The HI38058 is a chemical test kit that determines the pH between 4.0 and 10.0 pH units. The HI38058 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform 300 tests.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass vials, plastic pipette, reagent bottle, and Checker® disc.
- Readings from 4.0 to 10.0 are determined to 0.5 pH unit resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38058-100 replacement reagents can be ordered for use with this kit.
Significance of Use
pH represents acidity or alkalinity of an aqueous solution and is proportional to the hydrogen-ion concentration of the solution. Under neutral conditions water is dissociated into the OH- and H+ ions in equal ratio and hence it has a pH of 7. When bases or acids are added to a water solution they ionize, increasing the concentration of OH- or H+, respectively. Thus solutions with a pH of 1-3 contain strong acids, whereas those with a pH of 4-6 contain weak acids. Weak bases result in solutions of pH 8-10 and strong bases in pH of 11-13. HI38058-0 reagent reacts in contact with the aqueous solution changing its color according to the hydrogen-ion concentration (pH) in the given range.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI38058 Type checker disc Smallest Increment 0.5 pH unit Method colorimetric Number of Tests 300 avg Ordering Information HI38058 test kit comes with 1 dropper bottle (30mL) pH wide range indicator, checker disc, glass vials with caps (2), and a 3 mL plastic pipette. Reagent HI38058-100 pH Range 4.0 to 10.0 pH unit
- Product Manuals