Nutrient Analysis Photometer$700.00
HI83325 is a compact, multiparameter photometer for use in the environmental lab or in the field. The meter is one of the most advanced photometers available with a innovative optical design that utilizes a reference detector and focusing lens to eliminate errors from changes in the light source and from imperfections in the glass cuvette. This meter has 9 different programmed methods measuring 8 key plant nutrient water quality parameters and also offers an absorbance measurement mode for performance verification and for users that would like to develop their own concentration versus absorbance curves. Plant nutrient-specific parameters include potassium, calcium, and magnesium. To save valuable laboratory benchtop space, the HI83325 doubles as a professional pH meter with its digital pH/temperature electrode input. Now one meter can be used for both photometric and pH measurements.
- Advanced optical system
- Digital pH electrode input
- Save valuable bench space with one meter that works both as a photometer and as a laboratory pH meter
- Absorbance measuring mode
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
Consistent and thorough monitoring of plant nutrients is essential to maintaining healthy growth and reproduction. This is easy with the HI83325, a comprehensive way to monitor vital plant nutrients such as potassium, calcium and magnesium. Required in large quantities, potassium plays a vital role in water uptake and enzyme regulation. Calcium helps to strengthen plant cell walls protecting against heat stress while magnesium helps build a strong immune system.
A digital pH electrode input allows the user to measure pH by a traditional glass electrode. The digital pH electrode has a built in microchip within the probe that stores all of the calibration information. Having the calibration information stored in the probe allows for hot swapping of pH electrodes without having to recalibrate. All pH measurements are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in thermistor located in the tip of the sensing bulb for fast and accurate temperature measurement.
The HI83325 offers an absorbance measuring mode that allows for CAL CheckTM standards to be used to validate the performance of the system. The absorbance mode allows the user to select one of the three wavelengths of light (420 nm, 466 nm, and 525 nm) to measure and plot their own concentration versus absorbance mode. This is useful for users with their own chemical method and for educators to teach the concept of absorbance by using the Beer-Lambert Law.
Two USB ports are provided for transferring data to a flash drive or computer and to use as a power source for the meter. For added convenience and portability the meter can also operate on an internal 3.7 VDC Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery.
Please note, reagents are not included and can be purchased here.
Features and Benefits
Digital pH Electrode Input
- Measure pH and temperature with a single probe
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to track calibration information including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for traceability
- pH CAL CheckTM alerts user to potential problems during the calibration process
- Space saving having a pH meter and photometer built into one meter
- Up to 1000 photometric and pH readings can be stored by simply pressing the dedicated LOG button. Logged readings are just as easily recalled by pressing the RCL button
- Sample ID and User ID information can be added to a logged reading using alphanumeric keypad
- Logged readings can be quickly and easily transferred to a flash drive using the USB-A host port or to a computer using the micro USB-B port
- Data is exported as a .CSV file for use with common spreadsheet programs
Battery Status Indicator
- Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Photometric error messages include no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- pH calibration messages include clean electrode, check buffer and check probe
Backlit 128 x 64 Pixel Graphic LCD Display
- Backlit graphic display allows for easy viewing in low light conditions
- The 128 x 64 Pixel LCD allows for a simplified user interface with virtual keys and on-screen help to guide the user through use of the meter
Built-in Reaction Timer for Photometric Measurements
- The measurement is taken after the countdown timer expires.
- Countdown timer ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals regardless of user for better consistency in measurements
- Hanna's exclusive CAL CheckTM cuvettes for validation of light source and detector
- Allows for the user to plot concentration versus absorbance for a specific wavelength for use with user supplied chemistry or for teaching principles of photometry
Units of Measure
- Appropriate unit of measure along with chemical form is displayed along with reading
- Automatically convert readings to other chemical forms with the touch of a button
- Aids in preventing stray light from affecting measurements
Advanced Optical System
We believe that analytical testing should be simple. Each HI83325 Nutrient Analysis Photometer is supplied with necessary accessories in durable carrying case, including:
- Sample Cuvette and Cap (4 pcs.)
- Cloth for Wiping Cuvettes
- USB Cable
- 5 Vdc Power Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Quality Certificate
- 100 mL plastic graduated beaker with cap
- 170 mL plastic graduated beaker
- 3 mL plastic pipette
- 5 mL graduated syringe
- 60 mL graduated syringe
- graduated cylinder
- filter paper
- demineralizer bottle for 10 L of water
- activated carbon for 50 tests
Parameter Range Resolution Accuracy (at 25 °C) Method Wavelength Reagent Code Absorbance 0.000 to 4.000 Abs 0.001 Abs +/-0.003Abs @ 1.000 Abs Ammonia, Low Range 0.00 to 3.00 mg/L (as NH3 -N) 0.01 mg/L ±0.04 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426 Nessler method. 420 nm HI93700-01 Ammonia, Medium Range 0.00 to10.00 mg/L (as NH3-N) 0.01 mg/L ±0.05 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426, Nessler method 420 nm HI93715-01 Ammonia, High Range 0.0 to 100.0 mg/L (as NH3 -N) 0.1 mg/L ±0.5 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426, Nessler method 420 nm HI93733-01 Calcium 0 to 400 mg/L (as Ca2+) 1 mg/L ±10 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the Oxalate method 466nm HI937521-01 Magnesium 0 to 150 mg/L (as Mg2+) 1 mg/L ±5 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the Calmagite method 466 nm HI937520-01 Nitrate 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L (as NO3 - N) 0.1 mg/L ±0.5 mg/L ±10% of reading Adaptation of the cadmium reduction method 525 nm HI93728-01 pH 6.5 to 8.5 pH 0.1 pH ±0.1 pH Adaptation of the Phenol Red method 525 nm HI93710-01 Phosphate, High Range 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L(as PO43-) 0.1 mg/L ±1.0 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Amino Acid method 525 nm HI93717-01 Potassium 0.0 to 20.0 mg/L (as K) 0.1 mg/L ±3.0 mg/L ±7% of reading Adaptation of the Turbidimetric Tetraphenylborate method 466 nm HI93750-01 Sulfate 0 to 150 mg/L (as SO42-) 1 mg/L ±5 mg/L ±3% of reading Sulfate is precipitated with barium chloride crystals 466 nm HI93751-01
Specification Name Detail sku HI83325-01 Wavelength Accuracy ±1 nm Light Source 5 LEDs with 420 nm, 466 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm narrow band interference filters Spectral bandwidth 8 nm Input Channels 1 pH electrode input and 5 photometer wavelengths pH Electrode digital pH electrode (not included) Logging Type log on demand with user name and sample ID optional input Logging Memory 1000 readings Connectivity USB-A host for flash drive; micro-USB-B for power and computer connectivity GLP calibration data for connected pH electrode Display 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight Battery Type / Life 3.7 VDC Li-polymer rechargeable battery / >500 photometric measurements or 50 hours of continuous pH measurement Power Supply 5 VDC USB 2.0 power adapter with USB-A to micro-USB-B cable (included) Environment 0 to 50.0 oC (32 to 122.0 oF); 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing Dimensions 206 x 177 x 97 mm (8.1 x 7.0 x 3.8") Weight 1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.) Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector silicon photodetector Cuvette Type round, 24.6 mm Number of Methods 128 max. Ordering Information Supplied with sample cuvettes and caps (4 ea.), cloth for wiping cuvettes, USB to micro USB cable connector, power adapter and instruction manual. Warranty 2 years Note *Reagents are not included.
- Product Manuals