DiST®1 Waterproof TDS Tester (0-2000 ppm)$55.00
The Hanna Instruments HI98301 DiST® 1 is a low-range total dissolved solids tester than can measure up to 2000 ppm (mg/L). The DiST® 1 is a rugged and reliable pocket-sized tester for use in the lab or field. This modern looking meter is only 0.7" thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand. The HI98301 DiST® 1 has a 0.5 conversion factor in the measurement of TDS in a variety of applications including water conditioning, environmental monitoring, education and general laboratory use. This tester keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
- Large Multi-level LCD
- Exposed Temperature Probe for Fast Response
- Simple Two-Button Operation
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
TDS readings are performed by an amperometric graphite electrode that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with amperometric testers that use two stainless steel pins.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode submerge the probe in 1382 ppm calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut-off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the meter off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
Features and Benefits
Slim, Ergonomic Design
- With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98301 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket.
Large Multi-level LCD
- The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both EC and temperature simultaneously.
- One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
Exposed Temperature Sensor
- Exposed temperature sensor allows for quick Automatic Temperature Compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either oC or oF.
- Reduces polarization effects and does not oxidize resulting in a reliable and accurate reading.
- Automatic calibration at 1382 ppm (mg/L) with a single push of a button.
- A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable.
- User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled.
Low Battery Indicator
- Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
Battery % Level at Startup
- At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI98301 TDS Range 0 to 2000 mg/L (ppm) TDS Resolution 1 mg/L (ppm) TDS Accuracy ±2% F.S. TDS Calibration automatic, one-point at 1382 ppm EC/TDS Temperature Compensation automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F) EC to TDS Conversion Factor 0.5 Temperature Range 0.0 to 50.0°C/32.0 to 122.0°F Temperature Resolution 0.1°C / 0.1°F Temperature Accuracy ±0.5°C / ±1.0°F Battery Type / Life CR2032 3V Li-ion / approx. 250 hours of continuous use Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH 100% max Dimensions 160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7’’) Weight 75 g (2.6 oz.) Ordering Information HI98301 (DiST 1) is supplied with CR2032 battery, 1382 ppm calibration solution sachet (4), storage/protection sleeve, instruction manual and quality certificate. Warranty 1 year
- Product Manuals