Saltwater Aquarium Calcium Colorimeter - Checker® HC$49.95
Always get accurate results for your saltwater aquarium with our handheld colorimeter.
Our saltwater calcium colorimeter fills the gap between calcium test kits and advanced instrumentation. Standard test kits have limited accuracy as they depend on the human eye to determine colors. Our handheld colorimeter eliminates the trouble of matching to a color chart by providing a direct saltwater calcium result in ppm Ca2+.
- Our portable handheld colorimeter goes where you go.
- Achieve your calcium results easily with simple, one-button design.
- Quickly get your results without any hassle.
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI758U Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure calcium. Required for the development of calcium carbonate skeletons of coral reefs, calcium is a crucial component of marine waters. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI758U provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquaculture, Water Quality, Environmental, Education
The HI758U Marine Calcium Checker HC® uses a 100 to 1 dilution for analysis and thus requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and this any amount present in the water used at the C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. This can vary based on the types of filters used, their effectiveness and frequency of replacement. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.
Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758U Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker. Our HI98703-50 Cuvette Cleaning Solution ensures the glass cuvette used for colorimetric measurements remains clean and free from imperfections.
Calcium Checker Troubleshooting Tips
- Never rinse your cuvettes with tap water or saltwater
- Use pure vapor distilled water from your local pharmacy at C1 phase. RODI water from home filtration units may not be suitable for this test as calcium can easily permeate through your filter membranes.
- Clean your cuvettes with distilled or deionized water absent of Calcium that is going to be used for C1 phase dilution.
- Measure out 9 ml of distilled or deionized water for C1 phase
- Make sure no excess aquarium sample saltwater is on the tip of the pipette. Only administer the saltwater that is sucked into the pipette tip.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI758U Range 200 to 600 ppm Resolution 1 ppm Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F ±6% of reading Light Source LED @ 610 nm Light Detector silicon photocell Method adaptation of the Zincon method Battery Type (1) 1.5V AAA Auto-off after ten minutes of non-use Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing Dimensions 86.0 x 61.0 x 37.5 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.5”) Weight 64 g (2.3 oz) Ordering Information HI758 Checker®HC is supplied with sample cuvettes with caps (2), marine calcium reagent starter kit (reagents for 25 tests), 100 µL pipette, syringe with tip, plastic pipette, battery, instructions and quick start guide. Reagent Set HI758-26 (25 tests) Calibration Set HI758-11 Warranty 1 year
- Product Manuals