Interferent Suppressant ISA (ISISA) for Nitrate ISEs$88.00
HI4013-06 is a 500 mL bottle of nitrate interferent suppressant ISA solution for use with nitrate ion selective electrodes. Hanna ISA solutions have the lot number and expiration date clearly marked on the label and are air tight with a tamper-proof seal to ensure the quality of the solution. Hanna's line of solutions have been specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from the date of manufacture for an unopened bottle.
- Required for nitrate measurements with interfering ions
- Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
- Clearly marked bottle with lot number and expiration date
*Products classified as Dangerous Goods can only be shipped via ground.
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next business day.
HI4013-06 is a nitrate interferent suppressant ISA solution for use with nitrate ion selective electrodes (ISEs). When using the nitrate ISE to measure nitrate in samples such as drinking water and wastewater, the HI4013-06 solution must be added to stabilize the ionic strength of the solution, as well as to remove interfering ions, including chloride.
Hanna ISA solutions are formulated to fix the ionic strength of a sample and standards so that they are both constant. Without addition of ISA, an ion selective electrode would measure ion activity; addition of ISA stabilizes the ionic strength and permits measurements as ion concentration. With some ISEs, the ISA solution is also used to adjust the solution’s pH or to remove any potential interferences from competing ions that are present.
Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
- Ensures quality and freshness of solution
Each bottle marked with lot number and expiration date
- Hanna solutions are specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from manufacture for an unopened bottle
Importance of ISA*
- Fixes a solution’s ion activity to be constant so concentration can be determined
- Adjusts the pH of a solution required for some ISEs
- Complexes interfering ions in a sample to allow measurement of free ions of interest