Backpack Lab Soil Quality Educational Test Kit$387.00
The HI3896BP is a Backpack Lab designed for educators and environmental science students, containing lessons, activities, and test kits that relate to important parameters evaluated in soil quality. Backpack Lab is designed with all the necessary components in one place, reducing the chance of misplacing an item. Ideal for transporting, it's easy to take this durable backpack to the field for on-site measurements. This portable kit contains well-constructed lessons and activities, and will allow the teacher to get the most out of their classroom time. The HI3896BP contains test kits for the determination of common parameters in soil quality testing: nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and pH. The HI98129 Combo Tester is also included for measurement of pH, conductivity (EC), and total dissolved solids (TDS), as well as the HI145-00 T-Shaped Thermometer for accurate temperature measurements.
- Laminated field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets
- Backpack carrying case for easy transport
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI3896BP is a classroom in a backpack! The Backpack Lab Soil Quality Educational Test Kit contains lessons, activities, and test kits to help students understand the importance of common soil quality parameters. Using colorimetry, turbidimetry, and direct measurement, educators and students can easily measure parameters such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, pH, EC, TDS, and temperature. The HI3896BP is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform each analysis, and all reagents and buffers are individually available as they run out.
Hanna chemical test kits and pocket testers included in this Backpack Lab provide teachers with a valuable tool in helping students address important issues related to soil quality and modern agriculture practices. Real-world examples help students understand the relevance of macronutrients and other parameters in everyday life. Teachers are able to introduce students to important chemical tests for evaluating soil quality and fertility, and relate these measurements to the principles of plant metabolism.
Tests for seven important soil quality parameters
- Classrooms can gain an extensive understanding of soil quality through measurement of these seven parameters: Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, pH, EC, TDS, and temperature.
Complete testing setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the pH tester, test tubes, indicator and reagent bottles and packets, and thermometer.
Replacement reagents available
There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The reagents and buffers for each parameter can be ordered individually.
Comprehensive educational material
- The lesson plan and components are tied together by a comprehensive teacher’s manual that includes information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field-testing procedures.