Nitrite Chemical Test Kit$44.00
The HI3873 is a chemical test kit that uses the chromotropic acid method to measure nitrite. The HI3873 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 100 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Color comparison cube for simple determination
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI3873 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the nitrite concentration in samples within a 0.0 to 1.0 mg/L (ppm) range as nitrite-nitrogen (NO2--N). The HI3873 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 100 tests.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass cuvette, color comparison cube, and reagent packets.
- Readings from 0.0 to 1.0 mg/L are determined to 0.2 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3873-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Nitrites can be harmful to aquatic organisms even in low concentrations and for this reason, they are closely monitored in aquaculture facilities. In cooling towers, however, an adequate amount of nitrites is necessary to prevent corrosion. In high concentrations, they can be harmful to the environment and to humans. They are, therefore, normally monitored to verify the quality of water for domestic use, as well as lakes and ponds.
Nitrites are an intermediate product in the nitrogen cycle and are produced by ammonia oxidation with water, or even originate in industrial waste directly. They must not be present in drinking water.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI3873 Type colorimetric Smallest Increment 0.2 mg/L (ppm) Method chromotropic acid Number of Tests 100 avg Ordering Information HI3873 test kit comes with 100 packets nitrite reagent, glass cuvette and color comparison cube. Reagent HI3873-100 Nitrite Range 0.0-1.0 mg/L (ppm)
- Product Manuals