Backpack Lab Water Quality Educational Test Kit$385.00
The HI3817BP is a Backpack Lab designed for educators and environmental science students, containing lessons, activities, and test kits that relate to important parameters in water quality. Backpack Lab is designed with all the necessary components in one place, reducing the chance of misplacing an item. Ideal for transporting, it's easy to take this durable backpack to the field for on-site measurements. This portable kit contains well-constructed lessons and activities, and will allow the teacher to get the most out of their classroom time. The HI3817BP contains test kits for the determination of common parameters in water quality testing: acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, nitrate, and phosphate. The HI98129 Combo Tester is also included for measurement of pH, conductivity (EC), and total dissolved solids (TDS), as well as a secchi disk for monitoring turbidity.
- Laminated field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets
- Backpack carrying case for easy transport
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI3817BP is a classroom in a backpack! The Backpack Lab Water Quality Educational Test Kit contains lessons, activities, and test kits to help students understand the importance of common water quality parameters. Using titration, colorimetry, and direct measurement, educators and students can easily measure parameters such as acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, pH, EC, TDS, and turbidity. The HI3817BP is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform each analysis, and all reagents and buffers are individually available as they run out. Hanna chemical test kits and pocket testers included in this Backpack Lab provide teachers with a valuable tool in helping students assess the water quality of streams, rivers, and lakes.
Tests for ten important water quality parameters
- Classrooms can gain an extensive understanding of water quality through measurement of these ten parameters:
Acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, nitrate, phosphate, pH, EC, and TDS.
Complete testing setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the pH tester, sample beaker, indicator and reagent bottles and packets, and glass bottle for dissolved oxygen.
- All tests provide a high resolution based on the expected range of measurement
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The reagents and buffers for each parameter can be ordered individually.
Comprehensive educational material
- The lesson plan and components are tied together by a comprehensive teacher’s manual that includes information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field-testing procedures.