Total Hardness Test Kit$20.00
The HI38033 is a chemical test kit that measures total hardness as CaCO3 by titration with EDTA. The HI38033 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 100 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Manual titration performed with color indicator
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI38033 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the total hardness concentration within the 0 to 30 grains per gallon (gpg) range. The HI38033 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 100 tests. The hardness level as gpg calcium carbonate (CaCO3) is determined by an EDTA (ethylene-diamine-tetraacetic acid) titration. The solution is first adjusted to a pH of 10 using a buffer solution. The indicator chelates with metal ions such as magnesium or calcium to form a red colored complex. As EDTA is added, metal ions complex with it. After all the free metal ions have been complexed, an excess EDTA removes the metal ions complexed with the indicator to form a blue colored solution. This color change from red to blue is the endpoint of the titration.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, plastic pipette, and reagent bottles.
- Readings from 0 to 30 gpg are determined to 1 gpg resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38033-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 1 (30 mL) dropper bottle of buffer solution, 1 (10 mL) dropper bottle of Calmagite indicator, and 2 (75 mL) bottles of HI38033-0 EDTA solution.
Specification Name Detail SKU HI38033 Type titration Smallest Increment 1 gpg Method EDTA Number of Tests 100 avg. Ordering Information HI38033 test kit comes with 30 mL buffer solution, 10 mL calmagite indicator, 75 mL EDTA solution (2), 20 mL plastic beaker with cap and 1 mL plastic pipette. Reagent HI38033-100 Total Hardness Range 0-30 gpg
- Product Manuals