Environmental Analysis Photometer$540.00
HI83306 is a compact, multiparameter photometer for use in the environmental lab or in the field. The meter is one of the most advanced photometers available with a innovative optical design that utilizes a reference detector and focusing lens to eliminate errors from changes in the light source and from imperfections in the glass cuvette. This meter has 23 different programmed methods measuring 16 key water quality parameters and also offers an absorbance measurement mode for performance verification and for users that would like to develop their own concentration versus absorbance curves. Environmental-specific parameters include nitrate, phosphorous and dissolved oxygen. To save valuable laboratory benchtop space, the HI83306 doubles as a professional pH meter with its digital pH/temperature electrode input. Now one meter can be used for both photometric and pH measurements.
- Advanced optical system
- Unparalleled performance from a benchtop photometer
- Digital pH electrode input
- Save valuable bench space with one meter that works both as a photometer and as a laboratory pH meter
- Absorbance measuring mode
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI83306 was developed to measure the most common parameters in environmental water quality monitoring. Nutrients such as nitrates and phosphates are key indicators of nutrient pollution from agricultural sources and are considered dangerous to environmental waters.Too few nutrients and waters will be unable to sustain healthy ecosystems; too many nutrients and algal blooms can form, which can be detrimental to water quality and aquatic health. Dissolved oxygen is an essential to performing biological processes for many forms of aquatic life, such as fish, plants and microorganisms.
A digital pH electrode input allows the user to measure pH by a traditional glass electrode. The digital pH electrode has a built in microchip within the probe that stores all of the calibration information. Having the calibration information stored in the probe allows for hot swapping of pH electrodes without having to recalibrate. All pH measurements are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in thermistor located in the tip of the sensing bulb for fast and accurate temperature measurement.
The HI83306 offers an absorbance measuring mode that allows for CAL CheckTM standards to be used to validate the performance of the system. The absorbance mode allows the user to select one of the four wavelengths of light (420 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm) to measure and plot their own concentration versus absorbance mode. This is useful for users with their own chemical method and for educators to teach the concept of absorbance by using the Beer-Lambert Law.
Two USB ports are provided for transferring data to a flash drive or computer and to use as a power source for the meter. For added convenience and portability the meter can also operate on an internal 3.7 VDC Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery.
Please note, reagents are not included and can be purchased here.
Features and Benefits
Digital pH Electrode Input
- Measure pH and temperature with a single probe
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to track calibration information including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for traceability
- pH CAL CheckTM alerts user to potential problems during the calibration process
- Space saving having a pH meter and photometer built into one meter
- Up to 1000 photometric and pH readings can be stored by simply pressing the dedicated LOG button. Logged readings are just as easily recalled by pressing the RCL button
- Sample ID and User ID information can be added to a logged reading using alphanumeric keypad
- Logged readings can be quickly and easily transferred to a flash drive using the USB-A host port or to a computer using the micro USB-B port
- Data is exported as a .CSV file for use with common spreadsheet programs
Battery Status Indicator
- Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Photometric error messages include no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- pH calibration messages include clean electrode, check buffer and check probe
Backlit 128 x 64 Pixel Graphic LCD Display
- Backlit graphic display allows for easy viewing in low light conditions
- The 128 x 64 Pixel LCD allows for a simplified user interface with virtual keys and on-screen help to guide the user through use of the meter
Built-in Reaction Timer for Photometric Measurements
- The measurement is taken after the countdown timer expires.
- Countdown timer ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals regardless of user for better consistency in measurements
- Hanna's exclusive CAL CheckTM cuvettes for validation of light source and detector
- Allows for the user to plot concentration versus absorbance for a specific wavelength for use with user supplied chemistry or for teaching principles of photometry
Units of Measure
- Appropriate unit of measure along with chemical form is displayed along with reading
- Automatically convert readings to other chemical forms with the touch of a button
- Aids in preventing stray light from affecting measurements
Advanced Optical System
Parameter Range Resolution Accuracy (at 25 °C) Method Wavelength Reagent Code Absorbance 0.000 to 4.000 Abs 0.001 Abs +/-0.003Abs @ 1.000 Abs Ammonia, Low Range 0.00 to 3.00 mg/L (as NH3 -N) 0.01 mg/L ±0.04 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426 Nessler method. 420 nm HI93700-01 Ammonia, Medium Range 0.00 to10.00 mg/L (as NH3-N) 0.01 mg/L ±0.05 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426, Nessler method 420 nm HI93715-01 Ammonia, High Range 0.0 to 100.0 mg/L (as NH3 -N) 0.1 mg/L ±0.5 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426, Nessler method 420 nm HI93733-01 Chlorine, Free 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Cl2 ) 0.01 mg/L ±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the EPA DPD method 330.5 525 nm HI93701-01 Chlorine, Total 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Cl2 ) 0.01 mg/L ±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the EPA DPD method 330.5 525 nm HI93711-01 Chromium (VI), Low Range 0 to 300 µg/L (as Cr(VI)) 1 µg/L ±10 µg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1687 Diphenylcarbohydrazide method 525 nm HI93749-01 Chromium (VI), High Range 0 to 1000 µg/L (as Cr(VI)) 1 µg/L ±5 µg/L ±4% of reading at 25 °C Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1687, Diphenylcarbohydrazide method 525 nm HI93723-01 Color of Water 0 to 500 PCU (Platinum Cobalt Units) 1 PCU ±10 PCU ±5% of reading Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Colorimetric Platinum Cobalt method 420 nm Copper, Low Range 0.000 to 1.500 mg/L (as Cu) 0.001 mg/L ±0.010 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the EPA method 575 nm HI95747-01 Copper, High Range 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Cu) 0.01 mg/L ±0.02 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the EPA method 575 nm HI93702-01 Cyanuric Acid 0 to 80 mg/L (as CYA) 1 mg/L ±1 mg/L ±15% of reading Adaptation of the turbidimetric method 525 nm HI93722-01 Molybdenum 0.0 to 40.0 mg/L (as Mo6+) 0.1 mg/L ±0.3 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the mercaptoacetic acid method 420 nm HI93730-01 Nickel, Low Range 0.000 to 1.000 mg/L (as Ni) 0.001 mg/L ±0.010 mg/L ±7% of reading Adaptation of the PAN method 575 nm HI93740-01 Nickel, High Range 0.00 to 7.00 g/L (as Ni) 0.01 g/L ±0.07g/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the photometric method 575 nm HI93726-01 Nitrate 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L (as NO3 - N) 0.1 mg/L ±0.5 mg/L ±10% of reading Adaptation of the cadmium reduction method 525 nm HI93728-01 Nitrite, High Range 0 to 150 mg/L (as NO2-) 1 mg/L ±4 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the Ferrous Sulfate method 575 nm HI93708-01 Oxygen, Dissolved 0.0 to 10.0 mg/L (as O2 ) 0.1 mg/L ±0.4 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Azide modified Winkler method 420 nm HI93732-01 pH 6.5 to 8.5 pH 0.1 pH ±0.1 pH Adaptation of the Phenol Red method 525 nm HI93710-01 Phosphate, Low Range 0.00 to 2.50 mg/L (as PO4 3-) 0.01 mg/L ±0.04 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the Ascorbic Acid method 610 nm HI93713-01 Phosphate, High Range 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L(as PO43-) 0.1 mg/L ±1.0 mg/L ±4% of reading Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Amino Acid method 525 nm HI93717-01 Silica, Low Range 0.00 to 2.00 mg/L (as SiO2 ) 0.01 mg/L ±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D859, Heteropoly Molybdenum Blue method 610 nm HI93705-01 Silver 0.000 to 1.000 mg/L (as Ag) 0.001 mg/L ±0.020 mg/L ±5% of reading Adaptation of the PAN method 575 nm HI93737-01 Zinc 0.00 to 3.00 mg/L (as Zn) 0.01 mg/L ±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, Zincon method 575 nm HI93731-01
Specification Name Detail sku HI83306-01 Wavelength Accuracy ±1 nm Light Source 5 LEDs with 420 nm, 466 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm narrow band interference filters Spectral bandwidth 8 nm Input Channels 1 pH electrode input and 5 photometer wavelengths pH Electrode digital pH electrode (not included) Logging Type log on demand with user name and sample ID optional input Logging Memory 1000 readings Connectivity USB-A host for flash drive; micro-USB-B for power and computer connectivity GLP calibration data for connected pH electrode Display 128 x 64 pixel LCD with backlight Battery Type / Life 3.7 VDC Li-polymer rechargeable battery / >500 photometric measurements or 50 hours of continuous pH measurement Power Supply 5 VDC USB 2.0 power adapter with USB-A to micro-USB-B cable (included) Environment 0 to 50.0 oC (32 to 122.0 oF); 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing Dimensions 206 x 177 x 97 mm (8.1 x 7.0 x 3.8") Weight 1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.) Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector silicon photodetector Cuvette Type round, 24.6 mm Number of Methods 128 max. Ordering Information Supplied with sample cuvettes and caps (4 ea.), cloth for wiping cuvettes, USB to micro USB cable connector, power adapter and instruction manual. Warranty 2 years Note *Reagents are not included.
- Product Manuals