50% Brix Standard Solution (10 mL)$40.00
Use our premade brix 50% solution to ensure proper calibration of your sugar analysis refractometers. This high quality standard is manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility and comes supplied with a Certificate of Analysis. The Certificate of Analysis provides the lot number, reference values and expiration date to provide traceability.
- Supplied with certificate of analysis
- Standard values of 50% Brix
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
Making a Standard % Brix (Sucrose) Solution
To make a Brix Solution, follow the procedure below:
- Place container (such as a glass vial or dropper bottle that has a cover) on an analytical balance.
- Tare the balance.
- Weigh out X grams of high purity sucrose (CAS #: 57-50-1) directly into a beaker
- Add distilled or deionized water to the beaker so the total weight of the solution is 100g.
- Note: Solutions above 65% may need to be vigorously stirred or shaken and heated in a water bath to roughly 40°C (104°F). Remove solution when sucrose has dissolved and allow to cool before use.
Example to prepare as 25% Brix solution:
|% Brix||Sucrose (g)||Water (g)||Total (g)|