Backpack Lab Marine Science Educational Test Kit$393.00
The HI3899BP is a Backpack Lab designed for educators and environmental science students, containing lessons, activities, and test kits that relate to important parameters evaluated in marine science. Backpack Lab is designed with all the necessary components in one place, reducing the chance of misplacing an item. Ideal for transporting, it's easy to take this durable backpack to the field for on-site measurements. This portable kit contains well-constructed lessons and activities, and will allow the teacher to get the most out of their classroom time. The HI3899BP contains test kits for the determination of common parameters in marine science testing: acidity, alkalinity, ammonia, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and salinity. The HI98129 Combo Tester is also included for measurement of pH, conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS), and temperature, as well as a secchi disk for monitoring turbidity and a hydrometer for specific gravity.
- Laminated field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets
- Backpack carrying case for easy transport
Thank you for your interest in our products. A representative will contact you within the next 2 hours.
The HI3899BP is a classroom in a backpack! The Backpack Lab Marine Science Educational Test Kit contains lessons, activities, and test kits to help students understand the importance of common marine science parameters. Using titration, colorimetry, and direct measurement, educators and students can easily measure parameters such as acidity, alkalinity, ammonia, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, salinity, specific gravity, turbidity, pH, EC, TDS, and temperature. The HI3899BP is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform each analysis, and all reagents and buffers are individually available as they run out.
Hanna chemical test kits and pocket testers included in this Backpack Lab provide teachers with a valuable tool in helping students address important topics and practices in marine science. The teacher’s guide provides detailed background information for marine science lessons/activities that can be adapted to various grade levels. Real-world examples help students understand the relevance of nutrients and physical characteristics of our oceans.
Tests for 15 important marine science parameters
- Classrooms can gain an extensive understanding of marine science through measurement of these fifteen parameters: Acidity, alkalinity, ammonia, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, salinity, specific gravity, turbidity, pH, EC, TDS, and temperature.
Complete testing setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the pH tester, secchi disk, hydrometer, and indicator and reagent bottles and packets.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The reagents and buffers for each parameter can be ordered individually.
Comprehensive educational material
- The lesson plan and components are tied together by a comprehensive teacher’s manual that includes information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field-testing procedures.