|Search By Accuracy|
HANNA instruments®, a world leading manufacturer of analytical instrumentation, has a network of 60 subsidiaries in 43 countries worldwide and offers over 3000 products to its customers. HANNA is headquartered in Woonsocket, RI.
The company is headed by President Martino Nardo and Vice President Pamela Nardo.
The following is a chronology of the history of the company since 1978:
• 1986 - Opened R&D/Sales & Technical Service Office in USA
• 1986 - Opened Manufacturing Plant/Sales & Technical Service Office in Singapore
• 1987 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in Australia, Belgium and UK
• 1988 - Opened Manufacturing Plant in Mauritius
• 1988 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in France and Germany
• 1988 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in Japan and Malaysia
• 1989 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in South Korea
• 1990 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Taiwan
• 1991 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in Spain and South Africa
• 1992 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Canada
• 1994 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Argentina
• 1996 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Indonesia
• 1997 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Chile
• 1999 - Opened Manufacturing Plant/Sales & Technical Service Office in Romania
• 1999 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in Holland, Mexico and Poland
• 1999 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Offices in Portugal and Thailand
• 2000 - Opened Manufacturing Plant/Sales & Technical Service Office in Hungary
• 2000 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in China
• 2001 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Greece
• 2002 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Egypt
• 2004 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Vietnam
• 2005 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Brazil
• 2006 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in India
• 2007 - Opened Sales & Technical Service Office in Morocco
Through the years, the philosophy of the Nardo family has always been to be able to supply customers around the world with practical affordable solutions for their testing needs. When Hanna introduced the pHep (pH Electronic Paper) in 1986 it literally revolutionized the world of testing by allowing millions of people in various industries to test for pH in a simple, accurate and affordable way. This winning philosophy is still strongly embedded in HANNA.® In 2005, when we introduced the world's first single parameter series of automatic titrators dedicated to food analysis, we put thousands of users around the world in the position to perform their own analytical tests in house, and to improve the quality of their product.
The driving philosophy that has been a trademark of HANNA has translated into a top class world wide organization with over 1,000 employees, including Sales and Technical Support, Research & Development and Manufacturing centers in 31 different countries.
For three decades HANNA has prided itself in being one of the world's leaders in innovation of analytical instrumentation. Headed by our team in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, HANNA's Research & Development teams constantly challenge themselves to improve on existing technology and to invent new testing techniques with the common goal to simplify analytical testing. This applies not only to instrumentation, but also to sensors development, reagents and chemicals. In1985, Hanna was first to introduce to a pH electrode with a built in temperature sensor (HI1217S) which became world wide and commonly used throughout the market. The idea of waterproof portable instruments to be used in harsh environments also was launched by HANNA® in 1990 (HI9025). The concept of giving users the possibility to check the accuracy of their digital thermometer (Checktemp) was introduced to the market by HANNA®in 1995 and is still unique today. Another exclusive technology to HANNA is simultaneous testing for pH and EC with a single instrument which was first introduced in 2000
• 1980 - World's first single-probe portable conductivity meter
• 1982 - World's first pH controlled chemical dosing pump
• 1984 - World's first microprocessor-based hand held pH meter
• 1985 - World's first pH electrode with built in temperature sensor
• 1986 - World's first electronic pocket-sized pH tester
• 1988 - World's first pre-amplified pH electrode
• 1990 - World's first waterproof portable pH meter
• 1991 - World's first replaceable electrode pH pocket tester
• 1992 - World's first portable pH meter with plain-paper printing
• 1995 - World's first pocket thermometer with cal-check feature
• 1997 - World's first pH tester with double junction electrode
• 1999 - World's first pH/temperature tester with dual level LCD
• 2000 - World's first multi-parameter (pH/conductivity/temperature) pocket tester
• 2002 - World's first colorimeter with cal-check feature
• 2003 - World's first pH meter with calibration check feature
• 2004 - World's first process pH meter with integrated cellular communication
• 2005 - World's first single parameter line of auto titrators for wine testing
• 2006 - World's first pre-amplified probe multi parameter portable meter
HANNA continuously re-invests in Research and Development.
We believe in controlling the quality of our products from their inception to delivery. For this reason, we manufacture all the products we bring to the market including, meters, electrodes, chemical reagents and buffer solutions. Our five manufacturing facilities are each specialized in a product family, ensuring stability and greater quality. Our engineers in manufacturing strive to achieve higher standards at all times, continuously investing in new manufacturing technology equipment as well as new manufacturing techniques. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, HANNA® does not subcontract any part of the manufacturing process, from plastic molding, to glass blowing and chemical bottling, to PCB and electronic assemblies.
All HANNA® products are in compliance with CE directives and our production facilities are ISO 9001 certified. Click here to view our ISO 9001 Certificate.